Sunday 12 May 2013

"A cracking good time"


I remember saying that we'll try and stick to an update schedule of either Tuesday or/and Thursdays, but after finishing this one tonight I got a little excited and wanted to upload it straight away. Although the game has been out for over a month, this one is about Injustice: Gods Among Us.

I got the game on launch day on a whim. I had a feeling of paranoia that the game was going to suck, but I bought it anyway out of faith. I was very surprised. This game is actually really good. I love DC comics, I enjoyed the last Mortal Kombat game, so I thought the two would work quite well. Besides a few balance issues and Wonder Woman looking like Wonder Man, Injustice: Gods Among Us is pretty sweet. I will say though, the storyline reason of why guys like the Joker can take a punch from Superman is kind of stupid, but hey, it's comics. Anything goes in comics. Anything.

To tell you the truth, this strip was originally sketched a few months ago, long before I knew Bane was actually in the game. I figured "Bane has to be in the game, I can draw this right?" Seeing Bane execute his trade mark back breaking move on Batman in the game would look terrifying and oh man, it really does, but I thought it would look even more brutal if Injustice utilized the same "X-Ray moves" seen in their 2011 incarnation of Mortal Kombat. Hey, it's a DC game, so they can't be that graphic right? The comics beg to differ.

Anyone remember that Toasty guy from Mortal Kombat? I don't know the exact story behind him, but I remember he started popping up in Mortal Kombat II. Usually after a brutal uppercut or roundhouse kick in a fight, this pixel-photo of a random dude would pop out in the corner and scream "TOASTY!", it didn't make any sense, it was totally random especially at the time when you would first witness it. I kinda want to dive a bit deeper and find out a little more about this Toasty guy, but leaving it as a mystery seems to make it weirder and kinda funnier.

Speaking of Mortal Kombat, Australia has finally gotten R18+ games. That's right. Despite Mortal Kombat being released in 2011, we actually got it, right around the same time Injustice rocked up. I mentioned before I've already played this Mortal Kombat game, courtesy of a friend of mine who bought the game overseas. One of my favourite things about the PS3? Region free.

I've been playing a fair amount of Star Wars: Battlefront II on my PC, courtesy of the recent Steam sale. Now though, I've gotten myself into the RPG PC classic, Fallout 2. I remember first playing this game when I was about twelve or so, I swear I must have finished the damn game like four or five times. Now after almost a decade of not playing it, I remember almost everything in the game like it was just yesterday. I can't tell if that's awesome, or incredibly sad.

Let's just say it's awesome. That makes me feel better.

-Cr33g (Craig)