Sunday 18 August 2013

At least one




This strip is a little bit twisted, a little dark. I actually feel kind of bad drawing this, but my brother and I have been told by a friend that hey, we can draw at least one messed up strip. That sounds fair right? 

This strip is loosely based off what happened just yesterday, minus the last two panels obviously. I went shopping to JB Hi-Fi and was wearing a Batman t-shirt. This little girl sees me and says to her mum, "It's Batman!". I stop, turn and respond to her, "I'm Batman!" The look on the kid's face was priceless. The same thing happened to me at the end of 2012 when I was in Queensland visiting Australia Zoo.

Once again, we've updated just a little bit too late, considering our last update was at the end of last month, shortly after our trip to Melbourne, Australia for PAX AUS 2013. It's been difficult, mostly due to my full time job taking up most of my time, especially when travel to remote communities is involved. It's not a bad thing at all of course not, it honestly just makes it a little harder to motivate myself for these comics, which I know it's no excuse really but I'm using it as one. I still draw often but as for comics I really do need to keep it up, considering this is what I want to do. 

Recently we've been designing some nerd and gamer-related t-shirts. I'm really happy with these designs and I would really like to see them as actual t-shirts. Maybe one day, when we get a little more settled on this web comic. 

Anyway, a thousand apologies for the lack of updates, I'll try harder. Now let's talk about some games.

It's been out for a while but I picked up Monster Hunter: Ultimate for the 3Ds. I picked it up because two friends of mine have the game and say it's a lot of fun when it comes to multiplayer. I've never played a Monster Hunter game before until now and while I haven't tried multiplayer I am still enjoying this game. I can't wait to actually try out the multiplayer though, I bet it'll be heaps better. I've been told the game is a bit slow to get into and yeah, it kind of is, but it's getting better as I progress a little further.

I recently got back into playing Pokemon: Black and White 2 (Black) on my 3Ds as well. Finally got all eight badges and on my way through Victory Road.

A while ago shortly after my return from PAX AUS 2013 I picked up Shadowrun Returns for PC via Steam. I tried to play the original Shadowrun on a Super Nintendo emulator but I couldn't get into it, that being said, I am a complete sucker for cyberpunk stuff like Deus Ex and Shadowrun. Shadowrun Returns is an RPG with a turn based tactical combat system similar to that of the XCOM games. I really like this game so far, the storyline is interesting and the concept of user generated content is very appealing. I can't wait to see what some people bring out. Shadowrun Returns is a pretty damn good game, especially considering it's an indie game developed via successful runs on Kickstarter. 

I saw on Steam that Splinter Cell: Blacklist is available for sale. At the sight of this I began to jump up and down for joy, but my jumping quickly diminished when Steam mentioned that the game will be "unlocked" on the 23rd of August next week. This was incredibly disappointing. The actual game comes out this week on the 22nd here in Australia, so I'm looking forward to it. 

I've pre-ordered both the Collector's Edition and Definitive Edition of Batman: Arkham Origins for PS3, another game I'm looking forward to. Why both editions? Well, the Collector's is for me and the Definitive is actually a belated birthday present for my brother. Happy birthday to him! 

That's about it. I hope to bring more comics soon in the near future. Hope you like this one and hopefully there will be more soon! 

-Cr33g (Craig)